Thursday 8 March 2012

Year 7 Enrichment day Mural - Rainforest


A very enjoyable task at work. A Rainforest collage/ mural: Year 7 students made animals, leaves & flowers appropriate for the Rainforest (which they had learned about in Science), from recycled materials, as their activity in Art (with Science) during an 'Enrichment' Day (this is when they do exciting, off-curriculum activities, to broaden their education). I painted the backdrop, based on a couple of Rousseau paintings and after they'd done their bit I then had the task of putting it all together and filling in the spaces with leaves etc made from plastic bags, with some help from my wee lunchtime Craft club pals.  

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I really don't understand how posting a comment works and why some are posted and some not. Like the one I thought I'd posted last night.....there's not a sign of it. Anyway it said that I think the murals look great, well done Mrs Edwards and year 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got em both now. Thankyou from Mrs Edwards & Year 7 - also their teacher, Miss Crawford!!

    ReplyDelete